Location: Indianapolis, IN
Name: Joe Self
ADVANCED TESTING LABORATORY
The Science of Testing - The Art of Serving
Celebrating 25 years of service, Advanced Testing Laboratory, Inc. (ATL) is a provider of contract laboratory and managed scientific, engineering, regulatory and IT insourcing services for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device, personal care and consumer product companies worldwide.
Advanced Testing Laboratory, Inc. is seeking a scientist that thrives in a role that demands exceptional levels of attention to detail and focus, for prolonged periods. The unique role of Crystallography Assistant requires sitting for the majority of the work day in a lab with reduced lighting and cooler temperatures for best lab results.
If structural biology is your interest and you and you enjoy a quiet and secluded controlled environment, the role of Crystallography Assistant may be ideal for you and your career. The ideal scientist will be self-sufficient and client service-oriented, and possess proven technical skills and a commitment to quality and excellence.
Advanced Testing Laboratory offers an outstanding benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company contribution, Paid Time Off and an Employee Assistance Plan.
We offer a competitive salary and the advantage of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Advanced Testing Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
- Screening optimization of peptide/protein crystallization conditions, utilizing x-ray crystallography.
- Running peptides/proteins through standard crystallization screens to assess optimal crystallization conditions.
- Diligently transferring minute amounts of peptides/proteins under a microscope. Subsequent work is performed after successful screening and optimization processes.
- Documenting all work in detail using a proprietary LIMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry minimum.
- Excellent manual dexterity, handling small volumes and proven attention to detail.
- Solid microscopy experience in the lab.
- Strong aseptic technique experience.
- A minimum of two years work experience in a protein crystallography laboratory
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to focus on repetitive tasks for prolonged periods.
- Ability and desire to be an individual performer in a temperature and light controlled environment.
- Self-driven with the desire to learn, ask questions.
- Strong sense of accountability with a customer service focus.
- Previous experience in the consumer products, pharmaceuticals, personal care, and/or food and beverage industries is preferred.
- Experience working in a GLP environment is preferred.