Sr. Research Associate - PKPD
Location: South San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Name: Cara Poulton
Sr. Research Associate
The Preclinical and Translational PKPD (PTPK) Department is looking for an exceptional laboratory-based contract scientist to work in the investigative PK group in South San Francisco.
Duties for Sr. Research Associate:
- This position is to investigate the pharmacokinetics, biodistribution, metabolism, and the PKPD relationships of novel therapeutics in preclinical setting in support of early and late stage drug development.
- The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing in-vitro and in-vivo studies that includes cell based in-vitro assay, radiolabeled tissue distribution studies, ADME studies to understand the properties of antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) and protein therapeutics.
- The candidate will interact and develop close partnerships across various functions including Research, Safety Assessment, PD Biomarker, Bioanalytical Assays, Clinical Sciences, Formulation and Regulatory.
- Additional component of the job will be sample/data analysis and presentation of results to cross-functional teams, department meetings, review committees, internal/external conferences, and regulatory agencies.
- Design and implement in-vitro and in-vivo studies to address ADME questions of protein therapeutic and ADC. Writing and submitting protocol to cross functional team for review.
- Carry out sample analysis (including tissue processing) by using different analytical methods.
- Characterize and identify possible biotransformation products from protein therapeutic and ADC in different biological matrices.
- Interpret data and communicate results in department meeting and project team meeting.
- Prepare presentation and report for conferences, manuscripts and regulatory documents
Skills for Sr. Research Associate:
- Candidate should be highly motivated individual with a passion for science, a curiosity of solving complex problem, attention to detail, as well as demonstrated effectiveness to work independently and in team settings.
- The candidate should also be proficient in a broad variety of lab related technical skills (cell culturing, cell base assay, analytical chemistry, etc.).
- You are expected to have strong knowledge in basic pharmacology, drug metabolism/biodistribution and in PKPD relationship.
- An individual with strong communication and collaboration skill, along with the ability to clearly articulate solution.
- Must have demonstrated a general working knowledge of cell based assay, analytical techniques (HPLC, LSC, mass spectrometry and etc.), and laboratory skills. Ability to identify metabolite/catabolite and to elucidate metabolism pathway is preferred
- Previous experience in chemistry, especially with working with radio-isotope, is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills are important as well as demonstrated effectiveness in working independently and in a team setting.
Education for Sr. Research Associate:
- A Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Metabolism, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- 0-2 year of industry and/or post-doctoral experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or Biochemistry with 5-10 years in the Research and Development experience may also qualified.