Technician I Methods Development
Location: Malvern, PA
About the Company:
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
Our collective efforts as One Charles River are the key to our success, and we know that every person is important. Every day, each of us plays a critical role in making a difference in the quality of people's lives.
From our animal technicians and security guards to our business managers and executive team, we’re working together to support better, safer and more effective research.
Under direct supervision, perform laboratory activities necessary for analytical or bioanalytical method testing including but not limited to, reagent preparation, laboratory maintenance/monitoring and method performance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare reagents including buffers, chemical solutions,protein soultions, complex reaction mixtures and media preparation according to standard test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including working within a biological safety cabinet.
- Participate in the general maintenance of all equipment related to the preparation of assay materials and the analysis of samples, and schedule repairs as required. Perform any laboratory maintenance and/or monitoring as necessary.
- Perform a variety of molecular and cell biology laboratory experiments, tests and procedures following well-defined techniques and guidelines, including isolation and analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins, PCR, RT-PCR, ELISA, cell growth..
- Conduct aseptic growth and manipulation of bacteria, virus and mammalian cells.
- Make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data. Summarize data for reports; perform simple graphic analysis of data. Document all activities performed in notebooks and test batch records in accordance with the current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Report results of experiments, tests and procedures, and analyze data.
- Efficiently organize and plan daily activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Follow all SOPs, STMs and cGMP and cGLP guidelines as they relate to specific tasks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalentinbiology or related discipline.
- Experience: 0 to 1 year of related experience in a biological laboratory. Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques or other analytical testing required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other:Knowledge of cGMPs or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biological industries is preferred. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain communication across biological functional groups.Able to communicate effectively in a group or one on one setting. Basic Microsoft Office skills are a plus.