Technical Implementation Specialist
Location: Iowa City, IA
Pay: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Name: Glynda Lamb
Technical Implementation Specialist
IDx is executing a plan to implement the first fully-automated artificial intelligence (AI) diagnostics in US healthcare. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of various debilitating eye diseases, helping prevent blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection.
IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a small, high-growth company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level.
For more info, visit eyediagnosis.net/careers.
What we are looking for:
IDx is looking for a high potential individual who can grow with our organization. The Technical Implementation Specialist will become the face of our business from a technical perspective, connecting our engineering and sales teams, facilitating high-value customer acquisition and retention. The Technical Implementation Specialist will:
● Support IDx sales staff and external distributors to streamline customer acquisition
● Build out and test product setup procedures and systems in the EU
● Leverage learning and system development activities from EU markets to prepare for anticipated US product launch
● Triage 2nd line technical customer support requests, ensure customer satisfaction and retention
● Establish internal sales and support systems and procedures
● Support coordination of strategic technical partnerships with Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS)
● Coordinate customer/study site setup and training:
o Manage clinical evaluation and customer acquisition timelines and resource distribution from a technical perspective
o Oversee technical communication between study coordinators, customers, distributors, and IDx
o Work with distributors and customer IT to configure and integrate IDx products
o Vet technical infrastructure, IT needs, and integration requirements of potential customers
IDx is a medical device software company, this means that most systems and network administration activities fall under the IDx quality management system. Such an environment requires a great attention to detail and an organized and highly dependable personality.
This job is not for everyone. Do not apply if:
● You do not want to bet on yourself and the team by taking equity in a growing company that just closed research and distribution partnerships with IBM (a $200B company) to revolutionize healthcare technology.
● You cannot work on complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution. Working in the highly-regulated medical device space is no cakewalk.
● You are not motivated to use your skills to push healthcare to new heights and improve the lives of millions of people.
● Relocation stipend available.
● IDx team members are encouraged to participate in local technical events. Our team members have contributed to hackathons, entrepreneurial competitions, technology panels, and much more.
● IDx is located in Iowa City, IA. Our office has free parking and our average commute is less than 10 minutes.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in learning more about working at IDx, check out eyediagnosis.net/careers
And if you’re ready to help our team build the future of healthcare, send us your resume at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
● Bachelor or Associate degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or related field
● 2+ years of Systems Admin / Development / Relevant experience or exceptional new grad with a proven track record of success
● Excellent communication skills
● Interest in learning about the evaluation of medical devices in a trial and marketplace context
● Solid grasp of computer networking fundamentals
● High attention to detail, especially relating to security
● Demonstrated aptitude for engaging external constituencies on technical issues
What will help you in this role:
● Affinity for Linux and scripting languages such as Powershell and Python
● Familiarity with Microsoft AD and Group Policy
● Passion for customer engagement