PROCESS CONTROLS TECHNICIAN
Location: North Augusta, SC, SC
Name: Jennifer Gibson
Phone: 803-442-7590 Ext 405
PROCESS CONTROLS TECHNICIAN
***PLEASE READ QIAIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AS ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN BE CONSIDERED***
The person in the position reports to the maintenance leader and is responsible his/her involvement in the peptide manufacture process, upkeep of GMP documentation, and performing related activities.
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
Job Purpose: Responsible for all instrument and controls maintenance and general up keep as needed by the Manufacturing, QC, and Facility Departments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Work in a GMP environment in support of peptide purification processes through chromatography and lyophilization by working alongside operators and maintenance technicians to investigate process and/or equipment problems.
2) Follow approved GMP manufacture directions such as Master Batch Records, Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures, Preventive Maintenance Instructions and other procedures.
3) Install, test, operate, and maintain production and facility equipment. Equipment includes analytical and prep HPLC systems, lyophilizers, product freezers, HVAC, chillers, dehumidifiers, air compressors, boilers, water purification, and others used at the AmbioPharm North Augusta facility.
4) Take primary responsibility to investigate, troubleshoot, and correct faults in automated equipment. Write deviation reports and initiate change requests as needed.
5) Provide support to the Construction and Planning Manager as needed.
6) Help QC and QA departments to maintain the equipment calibration program.
Must be available to work shifts, weekends, and respond to equipment/facility alarms during non business hours. These responsibilities may change from time to time based on the business demand and company’s organizational needs.
Must hold at least one of the following:
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
· Position requires that ability to perform onsite field service in all areas of the plant to include climbing stairs, ladders, scaffolding, etc.
· Must have an in-depth knowledge of their field and will be expected to perform hands on controls duties at the North Augusta facility.
· Must have good people skills and be able to communicate effectively.
· Display the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Willing to work with and learn new trades as the company requires.
· Skill in both oral and written communication, writing statements and scopes of work, understanding architectural and engineering drawings and schematics, choosing tools and test equipment, trouble shooting techniques, and installation practices.
· Ability to see objects that are near, far, in color, or at night, including good depth perception; hear speech or other sounds; speak clearly enough so others will understand; walk moderate distances, climb stairs; access work stations and vehicles; maintain attention for extended periods or work long hours; tolerate physical discomforts such as heat, cold, noise, pollution, etc.; perform movements repeatedly or continually, possibly including standing for extended; bend, stretch, stoop, twist, and/or reach; ability to grasp and manipulate objects; and lift, push, pull, carry, climb ladders, or balance.