Phlebotomy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 /Hour
Name: Kalyn Byers
Concentric Healthcare is looking for experienced Phlebotomy Technicians for contract positions at various hospitals in the Phoenix area. These positions vary from part to full time, and offer first, second or third shifts. These positions may be opened up for temp to hire opportunities.
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard equipment, including vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Work with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
- Prepare, process, label and store patient specimens and samples using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by Clinical Laboratory staff.
- Provide technical guidance to Phlebotomy students assigned to work area.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays.
- Diploma from a phlebotomy program - certificate from training does not suffice
- National certification a plus - ASCP, AMT, NCCT
- At least one year of paid experience as a phlebotomist, ending within the past 6 months
- Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards