Location: San Diego, CA
Name: Jimmy Tirol
Phone: +1 619 881 0004
San Diego, CA
12-month contract with possible extension
This Associate Scientist will be part of the Protein Homeostasis Translational team. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of molecular cell biology and immunology, with unique expertise in small molecule drug development for therapy of various hematology/oncology diseases.
- Relevant technical skills include: qRT-PCR (IMPORTANT), siRNA/shRNA transfections, tumor cell signaling analysis, MSD/ELISA, Western blotting, isolation of DNA/RNA/protein from cells (IMPORTANT) and tissues
- Excellent cell culture technique and ability to characterize cancer cell lines and design and perform cell-based assays
- Multicolor flow cytometry techniques (IMPORTANT) and analysis
- Experience with ex vivo tumor slice cultures or organoids
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Understand cancer biology, molecular biology and cell biology
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.