Sr. Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 /Year
Name: Michael Huber
Senior level Embedded Systems Software Engineer with hands-on experience integrating and debugging complex electromechanical systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will be a member of a highly skilled development team that focuses on meeting internal and external customer goals.
- Develop software for tool platforms following software engineering processes and practices
- Analyze and quickly resolve issues reported by internal and external customers
- Identify potential product improvements and recommend design modifications
- Breakdown system requirements into software development activities and estimated effort
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and robust code
- Interact with external groups for instance manufacturing engineering and applications groups
- Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of inspection and metrology from systems perspective
- Clearly present data, analysis and conclusions to peers and management
- Write requirements, functional specifications, design verification & integration test plans
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills within a diverse team
- Provide clear and timely status updates as needed
- Technical leadership [10%]
- Software Development (coding and unit testing) [50%]Software requirement analysis and functional specifications [10%]
- Software Project Management [5%]
- Software/Systems Design [10%]
- System Integration Testing (verification) [10%]
- Documentation (release notes) [5%]
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or BS/MS Computer Engineering
- Ten (10) or more years of current development experience in the following areas:
o C, C++, Python
o VxWorks, RTOS, Linux
o Threading (POSIX), TCP/IP, I/O Driver Development
o Ability to develop Linux scripts in languages such as bash and python
- Experience working in process-oriented and/or agile software development environments
- Experience with ClearCase (user & administrative-level) and other source-control/configuration management
- Experience with motion control systems such as servos, stepper motors
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and keeping to schedule
- Customer-oriented, understands concerns from customer perspective
- Effective listener and self-directed learner.
- Goal-oriented, quality-focused, inspires others.
- Strives to find simpler more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Values commitments. Holds themselves and others accountable.
- Able to perform trade-off analysis between software/hardware sub-systems
- SEMI conductor capital equipment expertise (desired)
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer sites, including international
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.