Manufacturing Engineer I
Location: Irvine, CA
Name: Kaitlyn Katt
Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long term contract opportunity to work as a Engineer I in a prestigious Fortune 500® Medical Device company located in Irvine, CA.
Project Engineer I
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Type: Contract, Full-time 12+ Months
Shift: 1st (around 8:00AM-5:00PM - depending on business need they may be asked to come in earlier or leave later, thus we want a candidate that is flexible time wise and committed for the duration of this contract)
Works as part of a team performing standard engineering work requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Work is closely supervised. The candidate will primarily support key engineering projects through the creation and approval of engineering protocols, special reports, First of Code protocols, and final reports. The candidate will also support validation of production equipment including IOQ, PQ/PV, software and test method protocols. Candidate is also expected to support of various engineering projects.
Lead product and process improvement CAPA projects with minimal supervision, managing cross-functional teams to timely and effective closure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs routine engineering assignments of related tasks which are typically a focused portion of larger projects. These tasks provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, techniques, theories, Corporate and division SOP's, policies and projects.
2. Document development work including writing specifications for manufacturing or scientific test results.
3. Ability to solve routine design and engineering tasks with some assistance. Able to solve problems with periodic monitoring.
4. Assists in the preparation and participation in technical reviews and responsible for organizing data and preparing appropriate documentation for assigned projects. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
5. Support other Quality and Engineering work - e.g. process validation, test method development and validation, supplier engagement - as required.
6. Assisting engineers with their routine projects and work and performing validations as needed. Support engineering studies; work in cleanroom, engineering builds, etc. as needed.
• Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
• Ability to solve routine design, engineering problems with assistance Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. "six sigma")
• Demonstrated application of engineering principles on individual/small projects
• Demonstrated ability to effectively run projects, coordinates contractors, and directs the activities of a technician.
• Hands-on experience leading CAPA projects in regulated environment.
B.S. and 0 - 1 year related experience (in-house, co-op or acquired outside).
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit now” button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) however your resume must be received via the “submit now” button included within.
By working with Kelly in this role, you would be eligible for:
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.