Senior Packaging Specialist- Woodcliff Lake NJ
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Name: Arra Lam
Senior Packaging Specialist- Woodcliff Lake NJ 07645
Packaging Engineer II will support projects and works within the R&D Packaging Engineering Team. This position will develop, lead and execute R&D plans and protocols to launch new products. The position will lead R&D package development activities ensuring milestones are met. Identify technical and project risks, and develop strategies to mitigate these risks effectively.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Must have in-depth expertise product and packaging-related business needs and competitive landscape
- Provides Product Engineering support for the Environment of Care (i.e. surface disinfectants) business unit on new product development launches
- Leads the develops ideas, concepts and prototypes to solve problems and meet customer/consumer needs in new and superior ways
- Creates package development plans
- Identifies technical and project risks and ensures strategies are in place to effectively mitigate risks
- Develops line trial protocols and writes trial reports, SOP’s and specifications
- Identifies key quality attributes for packaging components
- Works with plant associates to gain alignment to specifications
- Develops, writes and validates test methods to evaluate performance of packaging prototypes
- Understands packaging-related business needs and competitive landscape
- Develops ideas, concepts and prototypes to solve problems and meet customer/consumer needs in new and superior ways
- Identifies needs gaps and opportunities
- Plans own workload to ensure tasks and objectives are completed and collaborates as a participative team member to ensure R&D milestones are met
- Makes and supervises production of samples for laboratory evaluation, consumer and clinical testing.
BS (Packaging or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred, MS a plus)
- Advanced technical knowledge of regulated packaging, e.g., flexible films, rigid containers/injection molding, cartons, and corrugated materials.
- Familiar with prototyping techniques (such as 3-D printing) and packaging production equipment.
- Four years plus relevant experience in packaging development; previous experience in wipes packaging advantageous; developing and launching innovative packaging solutions;
- Must have experience in a regulated environment preferably in pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products.
- An advanced Technical degree (MS or MBA) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; excellent project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams; able to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple projects of varying complexity;
- Computer skills- MS Office, Tops, Cape, CAD, Solidworks
- Proven results with building strong customer relationships, anticipating customer needs, and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures accountability and consistently achieving results.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Able to analyze complex data to solve problems effectively.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Knowledge of Packaging Engineering processes such as product life cycle, change, and an in-depth knowledge of cGMP packaging design and change management requirements.
- Good communication and influencing skills are critical capabilities for the incumbent due to the cross-functional collaboration required with customers including project teams.
- Strength in both oral and written presentation skills are a prerequisite to success.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills/ability to work with various software packages.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.