EH&S Stewardship Technician, Edina, MN
Location: Edina, MN
Name: Jennifer Forte
EH&S Stewardship Technician, Edina, MN
3-6 Month Contract via Kelly Services
The purpose of the job or role:
Shares with the EH&S Product Steward Specialist (FSFL) and EH&S Product Sustainability Leader the responsibility for the implementation of the EH&S product stewardship management system (work processes, standards, procedures) in order to meet business objectives and to maintain the license to operate. Provides hands-on product stewardship support for the client’s Pharma and Food Solutions (DP&FS) business.
- Completion of SDCT Product Composition Tool for GMID Creation Process, including REACH compositions
- Follows Business Rules to create and maintain MSDS / Labels
- Interface with BPSC to facilitate completion of MSDS
- Data steward to insure consistent product compositions and classifications for product families globally.
- Lead data clean-up activities where needed.
- Interact with plant process stewards to verify raw materials and final compositions
- Complete elevated Customer Inquiries from CIG as needed
- Work with Regional Product Stewards to Maintain the EH&S Dow Answer Center Content for DP&FS business
- Maintain the Product Safety Assessments for DP&FS business
- Maintain documentation summarizing global regulatory compliance by product and application
- Maintain data base of non-Dow raw materials and their regulatory status, interact with suppliers to obtain needed EH&S and regulatory information
- Maintain documentation for the DP&FS File Share and Product Stewardship Management System
- Assists in document maintenance of the Business Risk Review SharePoint Site
- Coordinate preparation of documents critical for food and feed markets
- (Certificates of Free Sale, Ingredient Declarations, Nutrient Content Statements, Health certificates) under direction of regional product stewardship managers
Critical Success Factors:
- Willing to learn and operate in a fast paced business environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Interested in advancement
- Team player
- Cool under pressure
Education/Certification/ Experience Requirements
- Degree in scientific field (chemistry, biology, etc.) or comparable work experience
- Familiarity with various IT platforms and software
- (EH&S ECC, Share point, internal website, excel, power point)
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Strong document management skills.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn product and market knowledge
- Ability to work cross-functionally and regionally in a team-oriented project environment.
- Strong customer focus.
- Competency in various EH&S work processes
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.