Quality Laboratory Technician - Food Industry
Location: Roseville, MN
Pay: $16,000.00 - $18,000.00 /Year
Name: Joy Lengyel
QA/QC Lab Tech – Food Industry – Roseville, MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for two Lab Tech positions for one of our top clients in Roseville, MN. These are both 6-month assignments – one is temporary, the other temp-to-hire – Mon-Fri 1st shift, with minimal overtime required.
As a Lab Tech placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for the quality and integrity of the products being received as well as manufactured. The Lab Tech performs routine QA tests in the laboratory and on the packaging floor by following written directions and procedures while maintaining accurate up to date records of all work performed to assure product and packaging quality.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Perform the following in process, finished product and raw material tests: % moisture, % oil, % salt, color, FFA of oil, finished product defect analysis using methods that include, but are not limited to: manual titration, automatic titration, halogen moisture analysis, bench top Near Infrared (NIR) analysis, Agtron analysis, Dicromat II analysis and as specified in the Quality Manual
- Perform Laboratory Round checks that include, but are not limited to: verifying seal integrity, proper packaging & seasoning being used, code dates and printed prices, weights.
- Perform hourly X-Ray monitoring. Investigate kick outs by X-Ray, Metal Detector and all other foreign material found
- Place product on hold and complete all deviation and hold paperwork by end of shift
- Verify incoming materials (seasonings, salt, oil, potatoes, packaging etc.) and assemble documentation according to written procedure
- Perform complaint investigations and enter them into the appropriate complaint database
- Perform retained product analysis
- Inspect and swab equipment following cleaning
- Ability to do the following tests: nitrogen tests, seals integrity (visual and water tank)
- Inform supervisor of any issue that may compromise the food safety or quality of the product in a timely manner
- Record and/or enter test results in to computer as required by testing done.
- Maintain clean and safe laboratory environment
- Perform roll stock change and product changeover verifications to ensure quality standard is met.
- Must be able to keep meticulous records and follow the written recordkeeping and documentation program.
- May be responsible for assisting in the updates and implementation of the Quality Management System under the supervision of the QA Coordinator
- May be responsible for additional special projects under the supervision of the QA Coordinator
- High School Degree or GED equivalent. Preferred 2 or 4 year postgraduate degree from an accredited science program.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working with quality systems such as SQF, BRC or FSSC 22000 is preferred, but not required.
- Good mathematics skills and computer skills.
- Familiarity with HAACP concepts and practices; HAACP Certification is a bonus.
- Ability to walk and stand continuously for the full work shift (up to 12 hours)
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders frequently (at least twice per hour)
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to create, graph, and analyze statistics
- Effective written and verbal communication with other team members and supervisors
- Ability to work in noise – wear hearing protection
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Detail oriented and a self-starter
- Work 40 hours per 5 day week and overtime as needed
- Excellent investigative skills
- Dependable attendance
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.