Aquatic Toxicology Manager
Location: Southampton, PA
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins QC is a full-service environmental and pharmaceutical laboratory that has provided analytical chemistry and microbiological services to a diverse range of clients since 1943. Eurofins QC's analytical product array is focused on providing testing services that enable clients to meet their regulatory and monitoring commitments. Analytical data is produced within a quality system framework that provides clients with an accurate and representative portrayal of a sample's constituents. This data empowers them to make informed, confident decisions regarding future actions related to regulatory compliance requirements.
Eurofins is searching for an Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory Manager in Southampton, PA. The Lab Manager is responsible for business development and for managing and overseeing the operations of the Aquatic Toxicology (Whole Effluent Toxicity Testing/WETT) business unit. Schedule and maintain staff at adequate production levels to meet department requirements. Train staff and maintain current laboratory certification. Perform analyses as required to meet client TAT and regulatory holding times for all sample testing.
Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Have a thorough knowledge of aquatic toxicology procedures for WETT as well as all computer hardware and software necessary to acquire and process data and produce results.
• Direct the day to day operations of the department.
• Responsible for business development and organic growth of the Aquatic Toxicity business unit.
• Write proposals and deliver final reports to clients.
• Develop and lead the department to become a center of excellence for Aquatic Toxicology testing.
• Demonstrate good laboratory practices (GLP).
• Communicate with all department managers, including sales team and satellite offices regarding issues about samples which require Aquatic Toxicology analysis.
• Develop, Interpret and evaluate data and performance according to SOPs.
• Manage the logistical needs between the main laboratory, the satellite offices and clients.
• Adhere to and promote staff awareness of the company Quality Systems Manual (QSM). Perform and / or evaluate all in house, client and regulatory audits.
• Manage and maintain the inventory of specimens and consumable products.
• Adhere to company QA policies and perform and document all required QA/QC procedures in accordance with official methodologies and/or company SOPs.
• Report all equipment, technical or workload problems immediately to upper management.
• Read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Work during the hours assigned and work overtime or weekends and/or holidays when required by client needs.
• Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance (routine and non-routine) on laboratory equipment.
• Enter approved data into LIMS.
• Make suggestions regarding increased efficiency, productivity and safety, following through on ideas at upper management's request.
• Monitor and maintain proper housekeeping in the laboratory.
• Adhere to company health and safety policies including eye protection, wearing lab coats, hand protection, and usage of chemical fume hoods/laminar flow hoods.
• Attend educational courses, seminars, and trade shows at company's discretion.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Company Management.
• Lead team, schedule, and train employees
• Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
• Ensure coverage and performance
• Foster morale and teamwork
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 16 credits in biology/microbiology. A Master's degree is preferred.
• At least two years' experience in Aquatic Toxicology/WETT.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Southampton, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.