Laboratory Prep Technician
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 /Hour
Name: Joy Lengyel
Laboratory Prep Technician – Sioux Falls, SD
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Lab Prep Technician for one of our top clients in Sioux Falls, SD. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company that is establishing a new facility in Sioux Falls. This position does require flexibility in hours – shifts rotate weekly between 8am-5pm and 3am-12pm (unless you prefer to work only the early shift!) There will be a required 6-week training period starting mid-July in Wisconsin.
As a Laboratory Prep Tech placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of lab consumables necessary to perform all processes with the IVF embryo production labs. This position will also be required to maintain organized and fully-stocked work areas amongst multiple teams, with differing inventory demands, ensuring continuous availability to sterilized and clean materials. In addition, the Lab Prep Tech will be responsible for the sterilization and their replenishment of specific material/supplies routinely used in the IVF laboratory.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and track inventory data
- Assist with compiling reports and conducting analyses.
- Assess weekly and monthly production demands and coordinate with multiple teams to confirm inventory requirements.
- Identify supply distributors, calculate order costs and ensure fulfillment to meet production demands.
- Receive, store and distribute materials and equipment.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation and tracking of required data upon receipt and distribution of materials and equipment.
- Create simple reports detailing material orders, distributions and expense variations.
- Assist with month-end inventories, data analyses and expense reporting.
- Assist in the training of new employees on inventory procedures.
- Seek continuous improvement to further perfect skills and decision-making required during inventory processes.
- Sterilize materials and equipment using required sanitation solutions and autoclave machine.
- Ensure risk of contamination is reduced by following standard operating procedures to prepare, package and store sterilized materials/equipment.
- Plan and manage time to ensure sterilization protocols are followed, transportation time is accounted for and the distribution of materials aligns with daily demands of embryo production processes amongst multiple teams in multiple locations.
- Maintain sterilization protocols for all materials and equipment used to complete bovine veterinarian services and IVF embryo production lab processes.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation and tracking of required data upon receiving soiled materials/equipment and after completing sterilization protocols.
- Coordinate the supply of required sterilized materials with all other employees responsible for inventory to ensure continuous availability to materials/equipment based on production forecasts.
- Follow established safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associates degree in Biology, Animal Science, Biomedicine or related field preferred.
- Experience in a laboratory or equivalent production environment preferred.
- Experience working for a company in the biotechnology and/or agriculture sector preferred.
- Ability to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays depending on production demand.
- Ability to follow detailed safety protocols as required during daily exposure to needles or other sharp objects, as well as, bodily fluids of beef and dairy cattle.
- Team-centric, detail-orientated, and highly organized.
- Solution-driven and determined to achieve production goals.
- Exceptional follow-through consistently demonstrating ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with diverse cultures.
- Ability to speak English required, bilingual English/Portuguese beneficial.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.