Data Evaluator / Lab Technician - Materials Science (Vallejo, CA)
Location: Vallejo, CA
Name: Doan Phung
Data Evaluator / Lab Technician (Vallejo, CA)
Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer an exciting contract to possible perm opportunity to work as a Data Evaluator / Lab Technician at an advanced oil analysis laboratory located in the Vallejo, CA.
Temp to Perm opportunity!
Pay Rate: $16/hour
This position is responsible for the verification for the correctness, completion and ISO 9001 compliance of results generated and test reports and Certificates of Analysis prior to issue. Release Certificates of Analysis in HLIMS. Assist Evaluations and QA Manager with specific activities.
- Review completed test results for accuracy of information, completeness, data documentation compliance and correctness.
- Review data entry into HLIMS. Verify results with lab technicians, as needed.
- Discus reports with clients and provide recommendations and corrective actions.
- Review necessary corrections with lab technicians as needed.
- Generate Certificates of Analysis and reports for reporting to clients.
- Perform regular audits of laboratory log books.
- Review corrective actions & training issues with QA Manager.
- Review incoming samples with client requirements and other lubrication publications and coordinate the review process.
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science and/or 2 years related mechanical and chemistry laboratory experience.
- General knowledge of mechanical / chemistry and various analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of different oils and lubrication and its function.
- Good understanding of hydraulics, gears, engines – diesel, gas, natural gas, and other associated equipment.
- Good communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of M/S Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, IE and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must have good memory and fast learner.
- Certified Lubrication Specialist certification is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employees
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation spending accounts
•Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.