Location: Waltham, MA
Name: Walter Demkowicz
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently looking for a mid-level Microbiologist to work in a fast-paced environment executing, troubleshooting and developing microbiology testing for one of our top Clients in Waltham, MA. The Microbiologist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory, industry and internal laboratory procedures, practices and standards.
Key Job Activities:
- Perform environmental monitoring, microbial identifications (e.g. bacterial, fungal and yeast) and other microbial sampling/testing analysis. Assist, initiate, and implement new methods.
- Perform quality control testing, sterility verification and growth promotion testing of incoming media, identification kits and reagents.
- Perform BI analysis and dilutions.
- Maintain lab stock cultures for evaluation testing and dilutions.
- Maintain adequate inventory media and materials required for testing, routine laboratory maintenance.
- Ensure laboratory housekeeping (e.g. proper disposal of nonhazardous or potentially hazardous materials, lab instrument cleaning.)
- Analyze and report results to customers in a timely manner. Able to work within a high –volume contract laboratory.
- Assist in implementing quality and regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, GLP, cGMP, USP, CRF)
- Develop and execute validation for microbiological assays, equipment, and methods.
- Perform additional job related duties as required.
- Promote and participate in continued improvement initiatives that impact production and increase efficiency, including developing and adhering to current KPIs.
Scope of Work:
- Reports directly to the Manager of Microbiology
- Daily contact with microbiology analyst and reporting departments.
- Regular contact with engineering control and customer service departments.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or relevant science discipline, or the equivalent in related work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in GMP, GLP, GXP pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical device or healthcare facilities.
- Ability to work under pressure at a fast pace while maintaining quality.
- Attention to detail, hardworking, dependable, and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, and organized, manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information; listen to other and respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Experience in trend analysis and writing investigations for laboratory and environmental monitoring excursions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and LMS.
- Position requires the following physical activity
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and analyzing samples.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to occasionally to lift, push, pull or move objects.
- Must be able to work weekends if needed.
Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time within assigned geographic territory. Travel may vary in frequency and duration if needed.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.