Site Inventory Associate- New Haven CT 06510
Location: New Haven, CT
Name: Arra Lam
JOB TITLE: Site Inventory Associate - Inventory Management
The Site Associate will maintain lab equipment and support inventory management services. General duties include chemical management and tracking, and stock room maintenance. This position is based in New Haven, CT.
- Inventory management of laboratory consumables
- Chemical inventory management and auditing of storage locations.
- Glassware washing
- Laboratory Technical Support Services (bioreactor and lab sink cleaning)
- Hazardous Waste Pickup
- Media / Solution Prep
- Write work instructions for new and existing instrumentation, as needed. Send instructions to document writer for SOP creation.
- Processes regular and special requests
- Stock Room - Orders and maintains lab consumable stock room(s).
- Converts supplier and/or competitor items to Fisher items where possible
- Provides quotations to the customer, as needed
- Strives to understand and meet customer needs
- Proactively addresses customer issues or problems
- Manages backorders as required; may include determining item status, expedite and facilitate shipments, communicate delivery dates and order status
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to consistently lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May occasionally use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Must be able to work overtime, as required.
- Ability to operate a hand held scanner
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer-service oriented
- Proficient organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Independent and self-directed
- Detail oriented
- Computer literate and working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works primarily at customer locations, in a laboratory environment. Work will also be performed in cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required
- Personal protective equipment may be required when performing certain job functions; items may include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, steel toed shoes, safety gloves
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.