Analytical Chemist (LC-MS-MS)
Location: Lancaster, PA
With over 25 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services Inc., an internationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an Entry Level Analytical Chemist (LC-MS-MS) to work in Lancaster, PA.
Analytical Chemist (LC-MS-MS) responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Prepare, conduct and document all phases of Residue Analytical Studies according to protocol, guidelines, GLP, SOP´s and Sponsor requirements.
- Protocol review, sample preparation, wet chemistry and instrumental analytics, raw data documentation, data evaluation and aggregation, report preparation
- Efficiently carry out procedures necessary to complete each project with minimal supervision
- Accurately prepare all solutions needed for analysis
- Assure accurate and complete collection of study data
- Maintain study data and facility records in organized manner
- Application of IT systems for data acquisition, evaluation, and reporting
- Writing, reviewing and editing SOP's
- Maintain a clean working environment in the laboratory including washing of glassware
- Training and supervision of laboratory staff members in the use of equipment, machinery and/or vehicles
- Ensure awareness and compliance with health and safety precautions
- Maximum of 15% Travel will be required
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Ability to conduct all experimental phases of Residue Analytical studies, including sample homogenisation, preparation, extraction, purification and instrumental analysis (LC-MS/MS)
- Good understanding of the underlying principles of Instrumental Analytics
- Ability to acquire and interpret relevant information for analytical methods
- Excellent weighing and pipetting skills
- Familiarity with MS office (Word, Excel), Analytical Instrument Software, Databases
- Willingness to learn new skills, well organized, capable of adapting to a broad spectrum of responsibilities and able to maintain meticulous and accurate records
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work outside standard business hours, according to team/business workloads
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in analytical chemistry, (food) chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Ability to travel 15% both nationally and internationally
- Valid US Passport & Driver’s License
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage (with three different plans to choose from)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) with a company vesting match of up to 50% of a 6% contribution
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year, two of which are considered floating holidays
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, these are prorated and given up front based on a start date and could be used upon starting
- Flexible scheduling, which allows for the ideal work/life balance
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.