Infection Control Coordinator
Location: Edmond, OK
Under limited direction, plans and coordinates the hospital-wideinfection prevention and control program.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilitieswith or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Conduct and design surveillance and epidemiological investigations.
• Identify infectious disease processes and investigate, communicate andreport as appropriate.
• Assist with the education of staff and patients/families on theprevention and control of transmission of infections.
• Participate in the formulation and revision of policies and proceduresaddressing infection control.
• Collaborate with Employee Health Department to prevent the transmissionof infections and to manage exposures.
• Identify and implement infection prevention and control strategies.
• Compile and communicate information on the infection prevention andcontrol program.
• Submit required data to NHSN or other regulatory agencies.
• Ensure compliance with state and local reporting of communicablediseases.
• Performsother duties as assigned
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare or related field. Master’s preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in healthcare or closely related field withexperience in infection control prevention or surveillance or performanceimprovement to decrease hospital acquired infections or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadershipexperience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/RegistrationsRequired: Possessionof a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma StateBoard of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3months of appointment. Certified in Infection Prevention and Control by the Certification Boardof Infection Control and Epidemiology preferred. BLS upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requiresknowledge of the transmission and prevention of infection andepidemiology. Knowledge of performanceimprovement strategies. Ability to collect, analyze, and report data and toutilize information technology for data reporting and analysis. Requiresanalytical skills and the ability to interpret a variety of multi-disciplinarytasks. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to manage stressfulsituations. Requires ability to lead teams and implement change.