Sample Processing Technician (2nd Shift)
Location: Verona, WI
Name: QTI Group
Phone: (608) 257-1057
The QTI Group is recruiting for a Sample Processing Technician to join a growing biotech organization in Madison. The Sample Processing Technician will follow all lab procedures and data reporting requirements to ensure consistent and accurate execution of specimen processing. This is a direct hire opportunity to join an exciting company that offers outstanding benefits and career growth potential!
Hours & Schedule: Full-time time. The hours will be as follows: Tuesday - Friday 12:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
- Follow proper specimen identification procedures in the execution of all job duties.
- Process laboratory specimen with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, completeness and compliance.
- Report to work on time, and follow attendance guidelines.
- Conduct all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Handle and dispose of all specimen following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Perform basic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Meet standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal instructions, as well as strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated work history of reliability and good attendance.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build strong working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality output
- Ability to type 35/wpm.
- Ability to occasionally life and move 20-40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for up to 85% of assigned shift.