Clinical Lab Scientist
Location: Irvine, CA
Pay: $36.00 - $44.00 /Hour
Name: Maryam Naraghi
A specialty molecular lab in Irvine is looking for dynamic Clinical Lab Scientists.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist I/II performs a variety of both routine and complex clinical laboratory tests in accordance with established processes and procedures. These require a professional level of knowledge to properly execute and analyze results, especially where results are abnormal or atypical. Responsible for compliance to all applicable regulations including but not limited to the Food and Drug Administration, ISO and State and Federal requirements.
- Performs all manual technical procedures relating to specimen preparation, specimen type, protocols and procedures.
- Operates automated laboratory instrumentation assigned to designated department and/or shift, including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, calibration and repair procedures as required.
- Consistently and accurately transcribes patient test results from raw data generated from an instrument into the laboratory information system.
- Must have good reasoning ability; be knowledgeable of clinical pathology processes, and uses organizational skills to meet established turnaround time deadlines.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of all testing activities including but not limited to patient specimens, proficiency testing, quality control results, performance of preventive maintenance/calibration of instruments, and LIS results entry.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem(s) or immediately notify the VP of Laboratory Operations or Laboratory Director.
- Responsible for the documentation of corrective actions when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Maintains on a daily basis, a neat, clean, well-organized work area including adequate daily working supplies stocked/stored at each bench.
- Responsible for the inspection, labeling, and storing of incoming supplies, when necessary.
- Ability to contact suppliers regarding performance of laboratory reagents, equipment, for troubleshooting purposes, when necessary.
- Maintains complete and documents records in real time that includes but is not limited to department logs, files, and work sheets.
- Recognizes and communicates effectively laboratory results requiring immediate attention.
- Responsible for training and cross-training licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists and non-CLS employees.
- Responsible for administering and performing competency assessment testing (biannually for new employees employed less than one year) when scheduled.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding results for key performance indicators and quality metrics.
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvement.
- Participates in the evaluation of new methods and procedures under the direction of the Laboratory Director or designee.
- Adapts to changes in processes, accepting approved changes and learning new tasks.
- Participates in continuing education programs (mandatory and non-mandatory) and as lecturer for internal discussions, when necessary.
- Must follow good documentation practices.
- Responsible for required training records to be completed and submitted to Document Control within the specified timeframe.
- May participate as an Internal Auditor in the internal audit program
- Follows processes under the Quality Management Systems for CAPA, Deviations, Nonconforming Materials and Client Complaints.
- Responsible for the creating and revising standard operating procedures following all document control processes.
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Must have Molecular or Generalist CA CLS License.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.