Location: Seattle, WA
Name: Greg Sigmundsson
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Research Associate to work in our Seattle, WA office.
Key tasks include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
* Provide planning and logistical support to plan regional fish stock climate vulnerability assessments
o Work closely with project leaders and expert teams in development of project plans.
o Support launch and operation of project teams.
o Provide meeting facilitation as needed.
* Provide support to plan and conduct fish stock climate vulnerability assessments
o Work closely with project leaders and expert teams to conduct regional fish stock climate vulnerability assessments.
o Provide information, presentations and training on use of the NMFS assessment methodology.
o Maintain and use the NMFS assessment data management system to conduct assessments.
o Assist in the planning, facilitation and execution of expert workshops.
o Assist in the analysis of results.
* Provide support for communicating information on climate vulnerability assessments and other climate-related activities
o Develop information for use in communicating the results of the Fish Stock Climate Vulnerability Assessments to a variety of audiences via websites and other venues.
o Assist in the development of information, trainings and case studies on climate vulnerability assessments.
* Provide support to develop, complete and apply the protected resources climate vulnerability assessment methodology and other climate-related tools and services
o Oversee modification of the existing NMFS fish stock climate vulnerability assessment data management system for use in protected species assessments.
o Assist with testing and application of the data management system in NMFS protected species climate vulnerability assessments.
* Ten years of experience
* Application of the NMFS Fish Stock Climate Vulnerability Assessment methodology.
* Design and implementation of climate vulnerability assessments for marine species.
* Fisheries science and management.
* Program planning and management in a team environment
* Working with diverse teams
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Working with marine fisheries information and/or management programs or other science-based programs.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.