352-011 Infection Control Specialist - Quality - FT - Days
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Infections Control Specialist supports the daily functioning and maintenance of the infection prevention/control program.
Monitors and investigates known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control. Reviews sterilization and disinfection techniques and recommends changes as needed. Provides related education to staff.
Acts as a primary resource for staff for Infection Control information and education. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to a manager or head of the unit/department.
1. Identifies hospital and community acquired infections. Informs authorities of reportable diseases. . Maintains agency/program compliance with local, state, federal regulations and accreditation agencies.
2. Collects data and keeps records of infections. Investigates clusters of infections or changes in patterns of infections. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
3. Supports hospital infection prevention and control policies and interprets them for staff, acting as an educational resource to staff. Recommends changes in infection control policies on Infection Control.
4. Collects, aggregates, displays and conducts analysis of data obtained from monitoring and evaluating the quality of patient care.
5. Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required and attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative.
6. Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care consistent with the Performance Improvement Program.
7. Corrects unsatisfactory conditions that may arise in any phase of operations.
8. Acts as a liaison with nursing/ancillary/medical staff and community agencies to facilitate problem solving and coordinate services.
Bachelor's Degree in a health care related field or equivalent experience in the field of hospital epidemiology and infection prevention.
Three (3) years of clinical experience in appropriate area.
Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills, computer proficient (data entry, retrieval and reporting), ability to compile statistics, compose letters/memos, interview others, maintain logs, proofread documents, research information, use computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses, and strong organizational, team facilitation and meeting skills.
Certified in Infection Control ( CIC)